Ingenious Med, an explosive growth and industry-leading web and mobile Healthcare IT Company is focused on enabling best practice physician workflows. We automate clinician processes at the point of care, streamlining clinical workflow to simultaneously improve care and lower cost. In addition to calling 8 out of 10 of the largest health care systems and physician management companies our clients, we’re also regularly recognized for our innovation and growth – including Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500. Competitive compensation including Medical, Dental, Vision, guaranteed company contribution to 401k, education benefits and excellent paid time off. We're always looking for talented, smart, and independent thinkers to join the team. Ingenious Med is innovative and different. Are you?
Ingenious Med seeks a highly organized, persuasive, detail-oriented Contract Manager. Reporting to the General Counsel, the Contract Manager serves as the primary point of contact with Ingenious Med’s clients to negotiate Master Services Agreements, and with both clients and vendors to negotiate Business Associate Agreements. In addition, the Contract Manager will ensure that contract terms are consistent with the corporate contracting strategy and are negotiated within the legal and financial guidelines established by Ingenious Med. The Contract Manager will ensure that any non-standard elements of any contract negotiation have been properly researched and communicated to key internal stakeholders and the General Counsel for input and are appropriately documented within Ingenious Med’s contracting system pursuant to required processes.
This position does not have any direct reports and does not require travel.
· Oversees contract negotiation and management activities for the organization, and enforces organizational principles with integrity.
· Contributes thoughtfully to organizational contract development.
· Assures accuracy and appropriateness of agreements’ text and attachments.
· Serves as primary organizational contact during contract negotiations.
· Owns design and use of contract management repository for purposes of managing workflow, tracking contracts, providing metrics, and retaining accurate contract records.
· Engages relevant stakeholders in negotiation decisions involving legal or regulatory requirements, financial goals, contract standards, and cost targets.
· Tracks deadlines and deliverables and communicates on an ongoing basis with business partners and internal clients about contractual issues.
· Assists with reviewing contractual performance of all parties to ensure compliance with terms.
· Identifies conflicts and/or desired changes requiring resolution at contract renewal.
· Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree desired.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience managing and negotiating contracts.
· Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in technology/software.
· Experience with healthcare industry and/or HIPAA compliance requirements strongly desired.
· Minimum of 1-3 years of experience with SalesForce.com.
· Strong MSWord, MSExcel and Adobe Acrobat skills required.
· Project Management experience required, PMP a plus.
· Demonstrated experience with understanding and interpreting all aspects of contract terms and conditions, including financial, legal, and operational.
· Excellent negotiating, relationship-building, and persuasive skills, both one-on-one and in group situations, are essential.
· Requires a high level of initiative, sound judgment, and the ability to work independently under pressure in a complex cross-functional business environment, balancing multiple priorities.
· Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment as necessary, including determining when issues should be raised to the appropriate stakeholder(s).
· Ability to systematically and independently analyze and resolve complex financial and contractual issues.
· Excellent interpersonal skills are necessary to develop strong working relationships with internal and external contacts. Requires excellent diplomacy and oral and written communication skills, and the ability to convey complex information at both a detail and summary level in a way that that establishes credibility, persuades others, and improves understanding. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively with key stakeholders, including all levels of management.
· Must be able to work cooperatively as a team member and to coordinate contracting efforts amongst various departments at Ingenious Med.
· Must possess a strong customer focus and expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.